For the first category, I wanted to look at the COOL factor about LEDs. These are the sometimes small or forgotten facts that can make a pretty big impact on our lives.
- Efficient and Lasting – LEDs use 75% less energy than comparable incandescent lights and they last up to 50 times longer. That should make your wallet happy.
- Compact – LEDs can be very small and therefore used where low-profile lighting is called for.
- Directional – unlike fluorescent or incandescent lighting that simply emits light and heat in all directions, LEDs can be used to for more precise and controlled lighting needs.
- Resilient – no bulb to break, no filament to snap, makes LEDs much more durable than other lighting options.
- Full On, Instantly – LEDs don’t have a warm up period, as soon as you flip the switch they give you all the power you want.
- The last cool factor is that LEDs are much cooler – temperature wise – than their compact fluorescent light bulbs and their incandescent counterparts. Due to their smaller size they can also accommodate integrated heat to sink so that the bulbs are typically safe to the touch.
The second category is one that highlights the FUN factor of LEDs.
- LEDs produce light of varying temperature tones, which makes them perfect for when your light needs to help you get some work done (cool tones help you focus), or when you’re just relaxing in the evening (warm tones help your brain get into the relax mode).
- LEDs don’t attract bugs (or dramatically less compared to their compact fluorescent or incandescent bulbs). They are great to bring to camping with you and watch your neighbours with older light technology get swarmed by moths and other night bugs.
The last category is AWESOMENESS and it really shows off the power and potential of LEDs.
- LEDs are used for high-speed wireless communication. It works by switching the current to the light bulbs on and off at an extremely high rate. Although the technology is in its infancy right now, it is projected to be worth over 6 billion USD by 2018.
- Finally, LEDs can make you more beautiful. Red light LEDs have been implemented in FDA approved anti-aging light therapy systems. The treatment relies on the wavelengths produced by specifically tuned LEDs to remove wrinkles and address other skin imperfections.
So there you have it, a thorough summary of little lights that pack a hefty punch. Remember that all these cool factoids help make LED powered lamps the best choice for your everyday lighting needs.